Friday 28 August 2009

End of a SAHM Era

So, today is my last official day as a SAHM (stay at home mum) to this little fella:


For 3 years now I've been at home with my boy, can't believe it's been 3 years since my first day on the job:

But, this boy of mine is growing up fast and I think we're both ready to move on. Xander loves nursery so will enjoy going 4 days a week (plus he still gets a day with Grandma and Grandad!) and in January he starts school so it'll be good preparation for that.
And me, well I am ready to get back to work and start something brand new. However it is such a wrench leaving your baby, especially as he's my last baby and the last time I'll ever get to do this. Have to admit though I'm not going to miss the constant loop of CBeebies! However, I'm sure those school holidays will come round quick and I'll be back to tearing my hair out!
So thank you to Xander for employing me as your mummy, it really has been the best job in the world!

5 comments:

Rach said...

Awww hun xxx

pinky said...

One giant step for mummy, one giant leap for cute toddler! Hugs
Pinky

humel said...

Hi there, just dropped by from Shimelle's :-) Gosh, it is tough going back to work - hope it goes well. See you in class! ;-)

Juicy3675 said...

you're a braver woman than me. mine start school next week and I'll be home alone!! Oooohhh what to do with myself.. bet I end up ironing. lol

Good luck with job, you're gonna be great. x

Anonymous said...

Wow, my elder son is three and starting nursery in a few weeks.. but I'll have my younger one at home for another year - and THEN I fear I'll be sent out to earn a crust.

I hope it all goes well as you start a new era!