Friday 20 March 2009

Bubba Squishing!

Today, me and the Billy boy have been for a little trip over the hills to see my good friend and fellow scrapbooker and blogger Rach (who I haven't met up with for a ridiculously long time!). Xander had great fun with his old pal Cam; they weren't up to any mischief honest (please, could they have looked any more guilty!)

They did play lovely together and Cam was very good sharing all his toys with Xan.
And no, if Cam's big sis Charlotte asks, they weren't on her DS while she was at school, honest!

But, the main reason for our trip today was to meet this little lady:


How blooming adorable is she?! This is Caitlin who is just 7 weeks old and she is gorgeous. Auntie Lou spent a good majority of the afternoon having a good old squish of the little munchkin.
Of course, with Rach being in my craft family, crafting just had to be done to welcome little Caitlin into the world. For this, I turned to one of my blog inspirations at the moment, Deanna, and her wonderful hooded bath towels. I loved how they turned out:

But I'm not sure Caitlin quite got it. (She'll thank me when she's snuggly warm after her bath tonight!)

Me and Rach spent the rest of the afternoon shovelling down homemade chocolate tart (the woman just had a baby 7 weeks ago and she's making me desserts!) and discussing lots of scrapbooking stuff. Thanks for having us over Rach, was lovely to see you all!

4 comments:

Rach said...

Awww thanks for a lovely afternoon hun, we loved seeing you and Cam had a great time with Xander (he's shattered!). LOL at the scowl on Cam's face in the first pic - honestly! And Caitlin's towels are beautiful, she says thanks for all the snuggles Auntie Lou! xxx

. said...

I don't know if I'm more jealous of the baby squishes, or the chocolate tarts!! ;)

Glad you have a good time hun.

xMx

Tinker said...

Aww I so miss those days when my horrors were little. Thanks for bringing back happy memories.

Tara said...

So stinkin' cute!

Congrats Rach!

(It's me, Duckie, from BW, btw)