Thursday 24 April 2008

To All You Literary Types...

So, as many of you know, I'm in the middle of completing the last year of a degree with the Open University. Anyway, at the moment I'm doing English Grammar, but have to pick another course to complete the 3rd year, which in turn will complete my degree.

Anyway, I've decided on a course called 20th Century Literature: Texts & Debates. At first the whole English Lit thing was giving me shivers, but as this course starts as soon as the current one finishes (as opposed to others which don't start til 4 months afterwards!), I thought I'd take a look. Anyway, once I looked at a few of the novels it uses, I've actually became quite interested. So, I took a list of the 16 books used to the library today and how many could I find? A grand total of 2!!

So, I'm on the scrounge! Obviously if I do go ahead with this course I'll need to buy them all as the library doesn't take too kindly to members returning the books covered in highlighter pen; but if anyone has any of the following books they could lend me so I can have a quick look through before I sign up, I'd be really grateful!

The Cherry Tree - Chekhov
Sunset Song - Lewis Grassic Gibbon
1930s British Poetry - Robin Skelton
Profrock & other Observations - T. S. Elliot
Orlando - Virginia Woolf
Galileo - Bertrolt Brecht
Labyrinths with Path Of Thunder - Christopher Okigbo
1950s Poetry - Frank O'Hara & Allen Ginsberg
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep - Philip K Dick
Kiss Of the Spider Woman - Manuel Puig
Waiting For Godot - Samuel Beckett
New Selected Poems - Seamus Heaney
Paradise - Abdulrazak Gurnah
The Ghost Road - Pat Barker

TIA!!! xx

No comments: