Monday 5 October 2009

This Week I Will Be Mainly...

...looking after this little piggy:
Yup, Emily is the first of our household to succumb to the dreaded swine flu. Doesn't exactly look ill does she?! But she has all the symptoms and is just doing what kids do and getting on with it. She was much worse yesterday, today we seem to have her fever under control and she's downstairs playing, though she won't eat and has a horrible hacking cough. I'm hoping though that she's got away with the mild dose and will be right as rain in a couple of days. She's got all week off school, you have to stay isolated while you're on the tamiflu, but hopefully she'll be fine by the weekend.

I really hope she is (and none of the rest of us catch it) as we have Rob's family reunion on Saturday: posh hotel, lovely meal and me and my SIL Zo staying up till the wee hours putting the world to rights over whatever we can get from behind the bar! Fingers crossed we make it as we couldn't go last year due to illness (but that's tomorrow's blog post!).

Other things this week: I am oh so close to finishing my last assignment. In fact just come online to make the last few edits then just need a bibliography and Rob to read through it, then work out how I get it to the post office when Emily's confined to the house!

This afternoon I have a job interview. It's at a school I had an interview at back in May but I was pipped to the post by someone with more experience. Anyway, another position has come up so they gave me a ring! Fingers crossed!

Just want to send some hugs out as well.

Firstly to my friend Gilly who is having her heart valve replacement op today. Well hopefully she is, they've cancelled it countless times recently. Obviously I know all to well the feelings you get just before an op and what it's like to recover. Gilly, I'm thinking of you all day and will be in asap to stop you terrorising those young doctors! :P

Also a quick hug to my BIL Dave who lost his Gran on Saturday. Hope you're OK big bro. x

Right, assignment time, wish me luck!

1 comment:

Clair said...

Oh no. So much to deal with. I hope everything calms down for you soon x