Sunday 27 September 2009

Back To A Bit Of Scrapping Normality!

I realised the other day it's been a long time since I've sat down and done a normal 12 x 12" scrapbook layout. In August there was the mini book challenge on UKS, plus a new love of knitting toys! Then this month there's been LSNED to do every day, plus I've been busy finishing off the wedding album for Gemma and Dave. So, in the midst of all that my poor 12 x 12 albums have been gathering a bit of dust!

However, yesterday was the Leeds Paper Dolls crop so I had a day of scrapping loveliness to look forward to. And, who better to take along to my favourite crafting place in the whole world but my favourite crafty lady in the whole world, Marie!

Marie's crop shut down a while ago so the poor thing's been cropless for ages, so she tootled over the hills for a day of scrapping. It's only the second time we've ever scrapped in real life (as opposed to chatting online whilst scrapping 60 miles apart!) and we had a fab day just doing layouts, drinking coffee and putting the world to rights!

Anyway, I decided to do layouts for my Antigua album. I really want to get it done as I can't think of anything worse than sat in the middle of a cold and rainy British winter scrapping white sandy beaches and blue seas!

I got three LOs done, first up the famous Antiguan cocktails:

Then Emily's idyllic Antiguan hairdressers:

And finally a classic Antiguan Hawaiin night (?!):

Thanks to Marie for coming over and playing out for the day, I hope you can do it again. And thanks to all the LPD ladies for another fun day!

3 comments:

Clair said...

I really think that there's nothing quite like a crafty day with friends and copious amounts of tea drinking. Glad you had a good time x

Tara said...

Sigh.

I wish I lived closer to you and Ek. Then maybe the crafty would rub off on me.

. said...

Shoot your husband! That is the most evil photo of me EVER! Or maybe you should just shoot me?

Your LOs are fab hun and the photos on here don't do the colours justice (which I can say, seeing as I got to see them IRL :)).

Hopefully we can get to do it again soon hun.

xMx