Tuesday 28 July 2009

Thanks Nana!

I wish I could just ring her and tell her this, but unfortunately we lost Rob's Nana 5 years ago so this is the next best thing.


Shock, horror, I am actually enjoying doing an assignment; and it's a biggie aswell! The reason is the lady above.
Rob's Nana was an accomplished poet and, as my major assignment was to analyse a piece of literary text, I chose to do one of her poems. Now, Nana didn't pull any punches in her poems, she told it like it was (which was one of the reasons why we all loved her!) but that is absolute gold from an analysis point of view. Would be so easy to find reasons why 'I wandered lonely as a cloud' etc etc was creative, it's easy to be creative when talking about flowery natury stuff. But try dressing up war to sound creative, not easy but she managed it.
I think that's why I'm enjoying doing it, there's so much in there but I also love analysing it and getting into her mind. So thank you Nana; even after 5 years you still continue to inspire me!

No comments: