Wednesday 5 November 2008

Dare I Even Say It...

...I'm home! Hopefully for good this time!

After a weekend of temperature taking and lots of blood cultures, the docs were happy that the infection hadn't spread and discharged me yesterday lunchtime; one month exactly since I was first admitted. It's a funny feeling: obviously I'm so happy to be home but it's also quite strange to be away from the routine of the hospital and having a nurse on call 24/7. In a strange way I'm also missing the mad old biddies which I shared a bay with (especially Brenda and her Shopmobility scooter tales!!).

So, I said I'd write out the full story, but that story has become far too long! So here's a quick rundown of everything that happened in the last month; I think you get the gist from that!

2 x heart operations
1 x bout of pneumonia
1 x water infection
1 x lumber puncture
1 x chest drain
1 x stay in ICU
3 x stays in high dependency
19 x canulas
5 x CT scans
6 x chest Xrays
3 x cathetars
and a partridge in a pear tree!

Hoping November's a little less hectic!!

8 comments:

Tara said...

I'm glad you're back, hun.

And...try not to do that to us again, OK? I'm not a fan of having to worry about the people I care about!

Lou said...

Love ya Tara! Oh, and Rob nearly wet himself at your 'Dear Pneumonia' comment the other day!

. said...

It's good to have you back hun!! My work day hasn't been the same without you ;)

love

M

kim said...

So happy to see you around bloggerville again! Glad you're feeling better and can be home for the holidays :)

Juicy3675 said...

ok well now you're just showing off... how the hell did you get a partridge in a pear tree in a hospital?!?! heheh.
So.. home, lets see if we can stay there now please? and if those nurses start phoning you and begging you to go back and sort out Brenda's scooter issues you're just going to have to politely decline and remind them that you have things to do at home, such as keeping your feet up, relaxing and watching tv.. Jeremy Kyle wont look after himself you know!!

Glad you're back old friend, its been decidedly quiet without you :(
stay well and as always, stay in touch. xx

Lou said...

Jen, Jermeu Kyle? Not that bloody ill you know!! :P

Juicy3675 said...

Thats what sick people do!!! They watch crappy telly!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Poor you - but so glad you are back home and on the mend - just take care of yourself PLEASE !!

Love
Ann