Tuesday 2 September 2008

The Case For Being A Rubbish Housewife!


I knew if I carried on being a rubbish housewife for long enough I'd find a justification, and now I have!

OK, I do do housework but I ain't no Anthea Turner/Bree Van der Kamp type! I'll clean the bathrooms, have a quick whizz round with the hoover but my domestic goddessness doesn't stretch to cleaning skirting boards, scrubbing loos with toothbrushes (well, unless Rob's really annoyed me that is!) etc.

Well, am I glad I don't!! A couple of months ago I lost one of my favourite earrings; Emily bought them for me one Mother's Day and I absolutely love them. The other day I was scrambling under Xander's bed looking for a catapulted dummy, when what did i find nestled up against the skirting board? Yup, my lost earring! Now, if I had been a better housewife, that underbed skirting board would have been vacuumed on a weekly basis and the earring would be long gone and my broken heart never healed!

Ha! You see, housework is just unnecessary and can cause considerable heartache at the same time!

3 comments:

. said...

Hurrah to that, I say! :)

Glad you found your earring hun.

xMx

Juicy3675 said...

oh my god how bizarre! I've just finished typing about how I am having a domestic goddess kind of week and how Anthea Turner has nothing on me and you're writing about her too!!!

I think we're in the Twiglet Zone again mate.

Rach said...

Well that is all the justification that I need not to turn into a neat freak! Ha no danger of that happening here!

xx