Tuesday 12 February 2008

Em & Xan's New Friends!

So, half term is upon us and, as well as costing me a small fortune, it's been fairly jam packed so far!

Yesterday, we went to Tropical World with Emily's BFF Hattie, Xander's buddy Izaak and their mum Caron. Emily and Hattie managed to bicker their way round the whole place (as per usual!), though they did manage to stop tearing each others' hair out long enough for a nice serene photo by the waterfall!
Xander and Izaak spent the whole time being sleepy; though they did get excited at the fish. Anyway, they did all make some new friends, a couple of white iguanas who semed very taken with the kids: as you can see from the video of Xander and picture of Emily...


Afterwards, we had some lunch then a lovely afternoon in the park, enjoying the winter sunshine. The girls teared around the playground and the boys napped while me and Caron caught up on all the gossip!

Today we went bowling with Jane and Maureen and the girls. It was really good even though Emily was bemused that she couldn't get strike after strike like she can on the Wii! Of course, I lost miserably, but I do have a bad knee at the moment (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!). Afterwards we went out for lunch (like I said, small fortune!) which was delicious.

So, I'm in need of a sleep now! Hopefully the rest of the week will be quieter (though I do have a feeling Friday will be chaos: 2 little ladies and a couple of very mobile toddlers, all in the same room!). Better pop out for a litre bottle of gin!!

No comments: