Sunday 23 May 2010

Birthdays, Stars & Sunshine

I'd like to thank whoever ordered me this absolutely beautiful weather for my birthday, best present ever! We're in the middle of a heatwave here which means I've got to spend my birthday weekend basking in the sun.

First of all thank you to everyone for the cards, presents, texts, emails and Facebook messages; I'm a very lucky girl indeed! On Friday I got up and opened my pressies then me, Rob and Xander headed to my favourite place Costa for breakfast. Cake for breakfast, well if you can't on your birthday then when can you?! Then the boys left me to shop for the morning which was lovely; I don't get to shop much unless it's for food or kid's stuff, so having some pennies to spend on me was pure heaven! I got some lovely shoes and a bag to match and a couple of other bits. Then, when Rob had taken Xan to school he picked me up and we went to Nando's for lunch. Thanks to the weather we got to sit outside which was lovely. Then it was off to the pictures (Hot Tub Time Machine - a definate no-brainer but lots of 80s rock on the soundtrack for me!) before coming home for surf n turf on the BBQ.

I had a lovely surprise on my birthday too, when my son came home from school with this:

He got Star Of The Week and was chuffed to bits with himself. Mummy was very very proud!

Yesterday the sun was even hotter so we packed up a pic-er-nic and headed out for some quality sunshine. We had lots of lovely food:




And basked in the sunshine in beautiful surroundings:

Rob and the kids had a bit of a kick-about while I chilled in the sun:
We then went for a walk round the farm to see all the animals and found ourselves an escapee goat:

It did get a bit too toasty though so we headed home and got the paddling pool out, where the kids invented their own waterslide and practised their daredevil stunts:

So, we've woken up to another schorcher. However, the weather's going to break tomorrow so today will be spent taking full advantage of the yellow stuff before it goes into hiding for another 12 months! So, BBQ's out, suntan lotion is at the ready and most importantly, Mummy's sunlounger is out and ready to be chilled on! Well, I am a lot older now you know, I need to take it easy!

1 comment:

Uma said...

looks like a beautiful birthday, glad you enjoyed some cake :o)