Wednesday 30 December 2009

That Was the Year That Was

Wow, what a year 2009 has been! So much great stuff happening and so much stuff that will stay with me for a long time. It was certainly a vast improvement on the pile of crap that 2008 was.

We started the new year in a positive way, with our best buddies Steve and Ally:

It was a great night after a really good Christmas; the perfect way to bring in a brand new year.

A few weeks later saw the first 'dream come true' events of the year: not 1 but 2 trips to see the mighty Metallica. The first gig was good but I was right at the back, however the 2nd was amazing as we were in spitting distance and they were fantastic! Still listen to the cd from that gig constantly!
April and May saw hen nights and weddings, namely that of my cousin Laura. If only PC World didn't still have my broken PC (after 5 weeks, grrr!) I could share pics. However, it was a gorgeous wedding with beautiful weather and lots of laughter with my family.
Event of the year had to be our holiday to this place:

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd be holidaying in Antigua! And on top of all that, I got to see my only sister get married there:

Was definately an experience of a lifetime!
2009 also saw me complete my degree and go back to work; both big things in my life and putting me back on the road to not just being 'mum'!
Roll on to the end of the year and December has been all about these 2:

Christmas just has to be about the kids and do you know what? My kids deserved a good Xmas this year. They're both doing so well in everything and I'm very proud of them, they should have a great Xmas!
They certainly seemed to enjoy it anyway:

Christmas has also been filled with lots of family and friends, just the way it should be! OK, a little piggy reared it's ugly head too, but on the whole it was a good Xmas.
Then full circle to this week and Emily has seen out her year living her dream seeing Miley Cyrus in concert with her BFF Hattie:


What a great way to end a great year!
So, 2010? Who knows! We already have a few things coming up and this next year sees some big birthdays and anniversaries and there's at least 1 holiday already in there. Whatever, I just hope that 2010 is happy and healthy for us all!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! x

1 comment:

Uma said...

what a great post - don't forget that this is the year you started wobbling your belly to music!