Sunday 18 May 2008

Shiny Shoes!

One thing that's always plagued me, the size of my blooming feet! They resemble something like this......OK, so maybe not quite as hairy, but huge none-the-less! No idea where they came from, at 5' 4" you don't expect to have size 8 wide fitting feet, but I'm stuck with them none the less. Anyway, buying nice shoes when you've feet like a hobbit feet ain't easy; no Jimmy Choos for me! Emily and I were out shopping yesterday when she spied these bad boys......and begged mummy to buy them. After explaining that mummy doesn't get to buy dainty shoes I gave in and tried them on and voila... they only went and fit! Not only that they were actually quite comfy! I practically ran to the checkout, incase they shrunk or something, and handed over 12 whole English pounds (not only fit but a bargain too!). So, after coming home and staring in awe at the shininess, I decided to wear them out!

Last night, instead of staying in doing a jigsaw and having a sneaky glass of lovliness, I went out for a glass of lovliness! Yes, that's right, I actually went for a night out! As it's my birthday this week, and my friend Susan had her birthday on Friday, we decided to have a girlie meal out with some mutual friends. We had a fantastic time: lots of laughing, beautiful food, a few glasses of vino and to top it all off, the waiter brought us over a free bottle of champagne!
I was going to lie and say I'd been really healthy and ordered fruit salad for dessert, but I was caught shovelling creme brulee into my mush, so thought I'd better come clean!
Anyway, thanks to Susan, Lauren, Jill, Sam, Bridgette and Kirsty for a great evening!!

No comments: