Tuesday 25 September 2007

Can Anyone Help Zintle? Please Read

As a few of you may know, I've been sponsoring a little boy called Venald in Haiti for about 3 years now. I sponsor him through a charity called Action Aid and basically I pay for him to go to school and help pay for projects in his community that help improve life for them. It costs me £15 a month (the same as what his father earns!!) and I'll pay that until he's 16 or leaves school, whichever happens first.



Anyway, last week Action Aid called me and asked if I could help find another child a sponsor as they have a shortage at the moment. So today, I received details of this little girl in South Africa:

Her name is Zintle and she is 4 years old. She currently attends nursery school but lives in the second poorest province in South Africa and many children, especially girls, don't get an eduation. There is also a big HIV/AIDS problem in her area (6 million people with AIDS in a population of 47 million). Sponsorship will help her get an education and help Action Aid educate the community about HIV and AIDS and also help with healthcare etc.

So, if anyone would like to consider sponsoring her, please email me and I'll let you know how. It is a big commitment but it's also very rewarding and I love getting Venald's pictures and letters every 6 months. Action Aid also send me updates on projects in the area so I can see how my money is helping.

Alternatively, if you think you know anyone else who might like to sponsor her, please send them a link to my blog so they can read my post.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: