Tuesday 2 February 2010

Goodbye Old Friend

Bit of a sad day for me today. My lovely old trusty Fiesta went to the big metal scrapyard in the sky:
Thanks to some of Britain's finest criminals, my poor car was broken beyond repair so it was finally written off on Friday and today the scrapmen came and took it away. :(

I loved that car. I'd had it for 6 years and it had always been reliable (well, apart from once, but that isn't bad in 6 years!). I liked how it drove, it felt safe for the kids and it played my Slash and Foos cds at a very loud volume! It took us on lots of holidays (including it's first foreign holiday last year!) and even brought my son home from the hospital. So, I am so sad to see it go. Goodbye little Fiesta, we've had some good times!

So, the hunt is now on for a new pap-pap. It's like a mine field out there, with dodgy dealers, cars missing airbags (which begs the question what scrapes the car's been in!) and the fact I loathe car salesmen! Not sure anything will ever measure up to my little Fiesta though but I'll just have to learn to love again!

No comments: